Travelcards are much simpler and more flexible than Oyster/CPC caps. For example:
– you don’t have to keep track of touches so you can check you’ve been charged correctly
– you don’t have to worry about the time* you touch in or the multiple caps you might or might not reach
– you don’t have to touch in/out (except to open gates and on buses)
– you aren’t subject to maximum journey times
– in the event of disruption, you can work round it any way you like without extra charge
– Off-peak Day Travelcards don’t have evening peaks
Travelcards are wonderful and their convenience is well worth the small extra cost.
* Except with an off-peak travelcard obviously.