£14.10 cap and daily bus cap

Home Forums Fare and Capping Queries £14.10 cap and daily bus cap

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Hein
    Participant

This week for a change the only day I used trains was on Tuesday 24th when I spent the day on the Elizabeth Line. All my journeys plus a couple of bus trips easily made the £14.10 daily cap.

Does the £14.10 cap count as £4.95 towards the daily bus cap as well?

I ask because I capped on buses on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and on Friday and Today I spent £3.30 each day on buses only.

If it does count then I can expect a £3.10 refund in a couple of weeks as I would have hit the weekly bus cap today.

Mike

Hi Chris,

Whatever you spent on buses will count towards the weekly bus cap. So if you’d already capped before taking a bus on Tuesday then it won’t count. If you only took two buses then the most it would count is £3.30 assuming they didn’t include a hopper fare.

Chris Hein
    Participant

I took three buses after being capped at £14.10.
    Does this mean that had I taken the same itinerary of journeys but I did the three bus journeys at the start rather than the end of my day that it would still have capped at £14.10 but the £4.95 would have also counted towards the weekly bus cap too?
    Seems a bit unfair lol

Mike

Yes, that’s correct. I agree it’s possibly a bit unfair, but that’s the way it works.

Chris Hein
    Participant

Thanks Mike, it’s useful information to know!

Thinking logically, had the Oyster card been loaded with a weekly or longer bus pass on it then the daily cap would still have been £14.10 for the travel on other modes!

Still must admit, I wouldn’t have fancied trying to get down to Abbey Wood by 5.30am using the bus so it was all worth it in the end 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.